The Student will first apply for student visa and after arrival in Canada will apply for study permit.
A study permit is a document issued by the Canadian immigration authorities that serves as permission for foreign students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without getting a valid study permit. Apart from this, students who get a study permit are allowed to enroll only in Designated Learning Institutions.
To be Eligible for Canada Student Visa, you need to fulfil following formalities :-
• The Candidate need to be atleast 17 years of Age and should have atleast passed Senior Secondary (12th) before applying for Student visa.
• The Student Visa Applicant should Accepted by DLI Holder College / Universities (Designated Learning Institution).
• The Student Visa Applicant need to pay 1 year Tuition fees and 1 year Living Expenses to the tune of CAD 10,000 by opening an GIC Account in either Scotia Bank , ICICI bank, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank, SBI Canada etc
• The Candidate have to undergo Medical Examination from the Empanelled Doctors to get medical Clearance before applying for Studying Visa.
The Student Visa applicant can apply for Student visa after the candidate got the following Documents :-
1. Valid Offer letter issued by DLI (Designated Learning Institution) in Canada. The DLI number should be mentioned on the Offer letter / Letter of Acceptance.
2. Fees receipt i.e 1 year fees payment proof and Proof of Acceptance issued by College i.e DLI (Designated Learning Institution) in Canada. But If you are accepted by DLI in Quebec, then student visa applicant need CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate) from Quebec Govt before applying for Student visa of Canada.
3. GIC (Guaranteed Investment Cover) receipt i.e. CAD 10000 bank statement issued by Canadian Bank, where the GIC Account is opened.
But if you are applying to College in Quebec, then the GIC amount should be CAD 11000. 4. Valid Passport means that passport must be valid during the period of stay in Canada. The candidate need only BIO-DATE page i.e Front and Last page of the Passport.
5. All Educational Documents – From 10th Onward upto latest qualifications. The All Educational documents should be Notarised Attested.
6. Photograph – Must be recent Photograph and size should be atleast 35mmX45mm and should not be 6 months old. For Online application, the size of the photo should not be more than 4 MB and it should be in jpeg / pdf format.
7. Immigration Medical Examination – The Medical Examination Certificate issued by Empanelled Doctors. The Canadian Government always want that the International student must undergo Immigration Medical Examination from empanelled doctors before applying for student visa. The Doctor will conduct Chest X-Ray and laboratory tests, and once all is done, the doctor will send the report directly to CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) and also issue the e-Tracking sheet to the student visa applicant, which will be included in Canada student visa application file. The medical report is totally confidential and will be sent directly by Empanelled doctors to CIC.
8. English Language Proficiency Score – The Student Visa Applicant must have passed IELTS / TOFEL/ PTE examination before applying for Student Visa.
FOR 12TH PASS STUDENT VISA APPLICANT The Academic IELTS Score should be atleast 6 Bands in each module and Overall score should always be 6 Bands for the 12th Pass Applicant. The PTE Score for 12th Pass Applicant should be atleast 51 in each module and also the same should be in Overall score i.e 51 The TOEFL Score for 12th Pass Applicant should be atleast 233 in each module and also the same should be in Overall score i.e 233